Like my Facebook page!

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Walking to the Highest Point in Spain!!


Well the title may be a little bit misleading as the walk was not from the bottom to the top! However it was an enjoyable afternoon spent, and well worth it if you are ever visiting.

It was a beautiful day in Puerto de la Cruz, so after a quick bocadillo we made the journey up to the highest point in Spain (by car for the most part). The journey is as you would expect and is very windy; luckily for me as the passenger the drive is full of magnificent views so is rather enjoyable. We stopped at one of the many view points as it was such a clear day we could see La Palma clearly in the distance. The view is often obscured by low lying cloud; this time however it was wonderfully clear time and is so breath-taking it was worth taking it in for a few moments.
 


After slowly meandering our way to the top we pulled in opposite the visitor centre and began the walk. We took one of the shorter walks which were told would take about 1 and a half hours and it did. The lunar like landscape on the top of Teide is really quite spectacular. Before taking a walk up here make sure you take water, have plenty of sunscreen on and take a hat! There really is little cover from the sun and the terrain is not the easiest and with a steep climb at the end of the walk we nearly had no water left.
 


To anyone visiting Teide National Park, I would highly recommend taking this walk. Although you get a get a great view from the viewing platform there is no comparison to walking in it. You really get a different feel for the vast landscape and the sheer size of the rock formations when you view it from a different angle.

With the walk in mind I recently put together a package with a stay in Puerto and then a cruise from Santa Cruz (the capital of Tenerife) to Dover with Fred Olsen. You can read all about here:
 
 
 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading out many of your posts and it's pretty nice stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your blog.
Here is my webpage : http://costacalidaproperty.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Is it ok if I pages and use a few of one's articles up to I offer credit and sources to be able to your blog? My blog site is at the very same niche as yours and my users would truly profit from a lot of the information you provide here. Let me understand if this ok along with you. Regards!
Here is my page : http://smartlab-ie.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm of working browsing your site from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to do assume I love reading through your blog and peruse forward to your articles! Keep up the great work!
Look into my web-site homepage

Anonymous said...

A powerful share, I simply with all this onto a colleague who was simply doing
slightly researching about this. And that he in actual
fact purchased me breakfast due to the fact I discovered
it for him.. smile. So I will reword that:
Thnx for a deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending
the best time to discuss this, I feel strongly the subject and love reading extra about this topic.
If potential, you will change into experience, could you thoughts upgrading
your web log with extra details? It is extremely helpful I
believe. Huge thumb up for this web log post!
My blog pupilary

Anonymous said...

An interesting conversation is worth comment.

I feel that you must write extra in this matter, it may
well not include of a taboo subject but generally persons are
not sufficient to speak on really subjects. To another location.
Cheers
My web page :: Netis.Nyme.Hu

Anonymous said...

Good day! I would have sworn I have been to this site before
but after browsing through one of the post I realized it's new at all to me. Nonetheless, I'm undoubtedly grateful
I think it is and I shall be book-marking and checking back often!
Take a look at my blog : san sebastian spain restaurants

Anonymous said...

We appreciate you the good writeup. It for that matter
became a amusement account it. Appearance advanced to
far placed pleasant away from you! From the way, how can we communicate?
Feel free to visit my site :: prostate cancer screening

Anonymous said...

Its really a cool and useful small amount of info.
In dem satisfied which you revealed this useful information with us.
Please remain us well-informed similar to this. Thank you for sharing.
Here is my blog post ; humi.li

Anonymous said...

Its really a cool and useful small amount of
info. In dem satisfied which you revealed this useful information with
us. Please remain us well-informed similar to this. Thank you for sharing.
My web page: humi.li

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I've been reading your web site for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita Texas! Just wanted to tell you

keep up the good job!
Also visit my site ; Www.Jobsinspain.Org

Anonymous said...

It’s really a great and helpful piece of
info. I’m satisfied that you shared this useful info with us.
Please keep

us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
My page :: http://algecirasweather.tumblr.com/post/33462185142/driving-properly-in-wet-weather

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This is my 1st comment here so I just

wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through your articles.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same

topics? Thanks a ton!
My site > http://wiki.uva.nl/

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of
the

images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

I've tried it in

two different browsers and both show the same results.
Here is my site ... spains sports

Anonymous said...

I feel this is among the so much important

info for me. And i'm satisfied studying your article. However wanna statement on few basic things, The

site taste is perfect, the articles is

really excellent : D. Excellent process, cheers
My web blog :: http://www.golfspain.us/

Anonymous said...

Really Appreciate this blog post, is

there any way I can receive an alert email when there is
a new article?
My web site: relic.net

Anonymous said...

I found your weblog site on google and test just a few of your early posts.
Proceed to maintain up the excellent operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader.


Searching for ahead to studying more from you later on!…
Feel free to visit my webpage - http://fishingspain.net

Anonymous said...

Super-Duper website! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some

more. I am bookmarking your feeds also.
my page > retinted